Our Recreational program wouldn't be possible without the dedicated help of our volunteer coaches! Volunteer coaches work with their teams to conduct practices and games, and make sure each child has a chance to grow with the beautiful game. Please be sure to review our Sideline Ethics, so we can make that happen!
DC Stoddert Soccer (Stoddert) is seeking volunteer soccer coaches and assistant coaches for the Fall season and beyond. Volunteers must enjoy working with kids (ages 5 through 17), and soccer experience is beneficial though not necessary. Stoddert offers free training for coaches *and* we provide basic coaching gear (cones, pinnies, med kit, etc.) to registered volunteer coaches. Assistant coaches help existing team coaches run practices and games.
- Practices (usually 1 per week) are held weeknights in Washington, DC
- Games are typically on Saturdays, also in DC
- Access to a car or other reliable transportation is helpful but often not necessary
- Coaches are ideally paired together and work as a team to coach a group of players
- Stoddert will conduct a variety of coaching education programs before and during the season. These will improve your ability to work with the kids in a fun, age-appropriate manner.
- Practices will begin mid to late March. Games start March 28 and the season ends on June 13.
Coaching soccer is a great way to share your enthusiasm for the sport and give back to the local community!
For questions or to register as a volunteer, please contact Stoddert’s Recreational Program Director.
Q: Can high school students serve as coaches or assistant coaches?
A: Yes they can! Volunteering as a soccer coach is a fun way to give back to the community and earn much-needed service hours. Students under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult connected to the team during all Stoddert events. High school students also make great assistant coaches supporting parent-coaches who feel they lack soccer-specific knowledge and want some help in that area. For a description of how coaching youth soccer can contribute service hours for high school students, Volunteer Hours for High School Students