A club endorsed, high-level supplemental training program directed by Boys’ Technical Director Sona Walla that is designed to detect, group, and train DC Stoddert’s most advanced players to prepare them to integrate the highest levels of youth soccer both locally (D.C. United Youth Academy) and nationally (US Soccer Academy League). The program is available to players from the U-11 thru U-17 age groups. All interested players are welcome to try out--regardless of current level of play. Sessions start in mid-September.
The ATP is affiliated with the prestigious D.C. United Youth Academy that selects the Washington Metropolitan Area’s strongest youth talents to compete nationally in the US Soccer Development Academy League, the highest platform of youth soccer in the country. A number of DC Stoddert players have been selected from the ATP to join D.C. United’s U-16 and U-18 Academy teams. Our affiliation provides ATP players the following:
- Direct exposure to the D.C. United Youth Academy coaches.
- Opportunities to observe the D.C. United Youth Academy squad train.
- Opportunities to train with the D.C. United Youth Academy squad as guest/tryout players in the appropriate age groups.
- Opportunities to compete against the D.C. United Youth Academy squad via friendly matches in the appropriate age groups.
- Opportunities to be ball boys at the D.C. United professional team matches.
The ATP Program runs concurrent with the spring and fall travel soccer seasons. It involves nine (9) sessions per season, including training sessions and a few games.
Please contact Boys Technical Director Sona Walla (email@example.com
) for more information and to sign up for tryouts, which begin in early September.